- 2 tbs. Truly Grass Fed Ghee Clarified Butter
- 1 cup Yellow Onion, diced
- 1 cup Carrot, diced
- ¼ cup Celery, diced
- 2 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 3 cups Vegetable Stock
- ½ cup Pearl Barley
- 2 springs Fresh Rosemary
- Salt and Pepper, to the taste
- 1 cup Canned Kidney Beans, rinsed
- ½ cup Truly Grass Fed Aged Cheddar Cheese
- Heat the ghee in a deep pot over medium heat.
- Add the onion, carrot, celery, and garlic.
- Cook, stirring frequently, until the vegetables begin to soften and onion is translucent, about 6 min.
- Add the broth, the barley, 1 spring of rosemary and 1 cup water.
- Bring to a boil over high heat, and then reduce the heat to a simmer and cook until the barley and vegetables are tender, about 25 min.
- Stir in the beans and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve with cheddar cheese and fresh rosemary.
Keywords: ghee clarified butter, soup, dinner, aged cheddar