We are committed to ensuring that your rights under data privacy laws are protected and personal information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online in accordance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation General Data Protection Regulation [REGULATION (EU) 2016/679. EU General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”):
For services provided into EU countries and to EU citizens, Tirlán is committed to observe the rights of the individuals whose personal data we collect and process.
Full name of legal entity: Tirlán Limited
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Post address: Data Protection, Tirlán Limited, Abbey Quarter, Kilkenny, R95 DXR1, Ireland
Telephone number: +353 56 779 6300
Legal Basis for data processing
We primarily process your personal data based on our legitimate interests but, in certain instances, we may process your personal data based on another legal basis where it is more appropriate to do so. Our legal basis for processing your personal data include:
- legitimate interest: we primarily process your personal data pursuant to our legitimate business interests, including, but not limited to internal record keeping purposes to support and maintain your supplier, customer or trading relationship with Tirlán. You have a right to object at any time to the processing of your personal data on this ground and details on how to exercise your right to object are contained in section 7 of this Notice. When we process your personal data based on our legitimate interests, we make sure to consider and balance any potential impact on you and your data protection rights. We will not use your personal data for activities where our interests are overridden by the impact on you (unless we have your consent or are otherwise required or permitted by law).
- entering into or performance of a contract: it may be necessary for us to process your personal data in order to enter into and perform our contract with you. For example, where you enter into a milk supply, grain supplier or other agreement with Tirlán. If you do not provide your personal data for these purposes, we will not be able to perform our contract with you.
- compliance with a legal obligation: it may be necessary for us to process your personal data in order to comply with legal obligations to which we are subject to under Irish and EU law.
- legal claims: it may be necessary for us to process your personal data to establish, investigate, exercise, or defend a legal claim.
In certain limited circumstances, we may process your personal data based on your freely given consent. For example, when we send you promotional or direct marketing material, we do so on the basis of your consent. You can withdraw your processing consent at any time by contacting us on the details set out in section 7 of this Notice. In the case of direct marketing, we will ask you in each marketing communication whether you want to “unsubscribe” or “opt-out”. Please note that any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent will remain valid.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Your name
- Your contact information such as email address
- Demographic information such as preferences and interests
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
- Any information you provide by filling in forms on our website
- Details of any transactions you carry out through our website and the fulfilment of your orders
- Details of your visits to our website and the resources that you access
- Technical information including your Internet Protocol (IP) address, browser type and version, operating system and device type. This is collected in an anonymous manner and helps us optimize the site for our users.
What we do with the information we gather
We use this information to provide you with online services and to ensure that our website is presented in the most efficient manner for you, and in particular for the following reasons:
- To improve products and services directly related to this website / supported services.
- To provide you with information and promotional material about products, special offers or other information which you request from us or we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided and where you have freely consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting where you have freely consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you chose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our products or services that relate to your subscribed services.
- We may use the information to customise our website according to your interests.
- If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services covered under your customer agreement or purchases within the previous 12 months.
- If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your personal information, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have freely consented to this.
If you do not want us to use your personal information, provided under consent, in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please refer to the ‘Controlling your Personal Information’ section below.
Tirlán is committed to maintaining the highest levels of Information Security across our business functions and electronic business channels.
To ensure that we communicate and trade with our customers in a secure manner, the following safeguards are implemented across our services:
- We apply digital certificates to our official corporate web sites to secure communications and also provide assurance that you are connected to approve resources
- All our customer, supplier and accounts payable / accounts receivable functions all use Tirlán branded email addresses and never use 3rd party email addresses
- We will treat all your queries in relation to potentially fraudulent activity with the highest urgency
- Maintain in-house and external Information Security services to provide website security analysis and identify areas of website security improvement
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Controlling your Personal Information
You have a number of rights in relation to your personal data, which are set out below. Please note that in certain circumstances these rights may not be absolute. You have the:
- right of access: you are entitled to receive a copy of your personal data which we hold. We will only charge you for such a request where we feel your request is manifestly unfounded or excessive.
- right to rectification: you can request that we amend any inaccurate personal data that we have about you.
- right to erasure: you can request us to erase the personal data we hold about you in certain circumstances.
- right to restriction of processing: you can request that we restrict our processing of your personal data in certain circumstances.
- right to data portability: you can request your personal data be provided to you in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format and have your personal data transmitted to another controller in certain circumstances where it is technically feasible.
- right to object: you can object at any time where we process your personal data on the legal basis of our legitimate interests or where we process your personal data for direct marketing purposes. Please note Tirlán does not engage in decision-making based solely on automated processing, including profiling, which produces legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affects you.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights or have any questions or concerns about how we use your personal information, please contact us at the above contact details.
We will provide you with information on any action taken upon your request in relation to any of these rights without undue delay and at the latest within one month of receiving your request. We may extend this up to 2 months if necessary; however, we will inform you if this arises. Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity when you seek to exercise any of your data protection rights. You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the Data Protection Commission. For further information, see www.dataprotection.ie.