- 6 3/4 oz pastry flour
- 3 3/4 oz Truly Grass Fed Salted Butter, chilled and diced
- 2 tbsp powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg yolk
- Chilled water
- 3 3/4 oz Truly Grass Fed Salted Butter, softened
- 3 3/4 oz caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 5 oz ground almonds
- 3 1/2 oz blueberries
- 3 1/2 oz raspberries
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Powdered sugar, to dust
- Edible flowers
- Sprigs of lemon balm
- Line the base of a 14” x 5” rectangle baking tin with parchment. Brush the sides with melted butter and dust with flour.
- Make the pastry dough. Place flour in a large bowl, then add butter and rub in with your fingertips until the mixture looks like fine breadcrumbs.
- Add powdered sugar and egg yolk.
- Add enough chilled water to form a dough. Roll into a small rectangle shape and press down. Wrap and leave to rest in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- On a floured surface, roll out the dough until it becomes thin. Fit into prepared baking tin.
- Preheat an oven to 320° F.
- Prepare the almond filling. Beat butter and sugar together until fluffy, then add eggs. Fold in ground almonds and lemon zest.
- Spoon almond filling into baking tin and level out.
- Arrange blueberries and raspberries on top.
- Bake in oven for 40-45 minutes. Cover with foil if the top is browning too much.
- Place on a cooling rack and leave in tin for 15 minutes before removing.
- Dust with powdered sugar and decorate with edible flowers and sprigs of lemon balm.