- 1/2 cup (8 tbsp) Truly Grass Fed Salted Butter
- 1 lb mushrooms (baby bella, wild, or cremini)
- 1 large shallot, minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 bunch fresh thyme
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 3/4 cup white wine (or sub for 1/2 cup white wine vinegar)
- 1 1/2 cups Arborio rice
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 5 cups chicken stock
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/2 cups Truly Grass Fed Aged Cheddar, shredded
- Fresh parsley, to garnish
- Warm broth in a small saucepan over low heat.
- Melt 4 tbsp butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add mushrooms and shallots. Sauté while stirring occasionally until mixture is deep brown and tender.
- Add salt, pepper, garlic, and thyme, gently stirring for about 2 minutes until garlic becomes fragrant. Transfer mushroom mixture to a bowl and strip thyme leaves from the stem, then set aside.
- Melt remaining butter in the same pan over medium high heat. Add Arborio rice and toast for about 3 minutes, stirring often so it doesn’t burn.
- Add white wine and lemon juice to the pan and bring to a simmer while stirring continuously. Continue to stir until liquid is absorbed. Add 1 cup broth, continuing to stir until fully absorbed. Repeat with 3 more cups of broth.
- Before adding in the final remaining cup of broth, add frozen peas. Stir in final cup of broth and frozen peas into risotto. Once broth is absorbed, add heavy cream and shredded cheddar, stirring gently to incorporate.
- Fold mushroom mixture into risotto. Simmer over low heat for an additional 5 minutes until cheddar is fully melted and peas are warmed through.
Serve straight from the pan or pour into serving bowl. Garnish with fresh parsley, more shredded cheddar, and freshly ground black pepper.