- 8 skewers (if wooden, soak in water for 2 hours to prevent burning)
- 2 red peppers, roughly chopped
- 8 chestnut mushrooms, sliced in half
- 2 red onions, roughly diced
- 1 1/2 medium zucchinis, thick slices
- Rosemary sprigs, to brush and garnish
- 1/3 cup Truly Grass Fed Salted Butter, melted
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tsp rosemary, chopped
- 2 tsp thyme, chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Juice of 2 lemons
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup Truly Grass Fed Salted Butter
- 1/2 cup Truly Grass Fed Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- A pinch of nutmeg
- Salt, as needed
- Pepper, as needed
- Paprika, to garnish
- Prepare the skewers by threading each skewer with chopped vegetables. Set aside.
- Begin preparing the dip by heating butter in a saucepan. Add flour and mix well. Cook for 2 minutes while stirring. Add Dijon mustard, nutmeg, and season with salt and pepper.
- Pour in milk while whisking to form a thin sauce. Cook for 2-3 minutes while stirring.
- Add cheese and stir until melted. Set aside and keep warm.
- Light a grill and bring to medium heat.
- Combine all glaze ingredients in a tray and heat on grill until butter is melted. Mix well.
- Brush glaze onto skewers with a brush or bunch of rosemary springs. Place skewers on grill to cook, turning occasionally.
- Transfer cooked skewers to a platter and garnish with rosemary sprigs.
- Transfer cheese dip to a bowl and garnish with a sprinkle of paprika.
Serve skewers with warm cheddar cheese dip.
- Serving Size: Makes 8 skewers