- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tbsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground cloves
- 3 tbsp Truly Grass Fed Unsalted Butter
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup molasses
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Optional decortations: frosting or royal icing
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, ginger, cinnamon, and cloves until well blended.
- In a large bowl fitted in a stand mixer, beat butter, brown sugar, and egg on medium speed until well blended.
- Add molasses, and vanilla and continue to mix until well blended.
- Gradually stir in dry ingredients until blended and smooth.
- Divide dough in half and wrap each half in plastic and let chill in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Prepare baking sheets by lining with parchment paper.
- Roll out dough on a flour surface and cut out in desired shape about ¼” thick.
- Bake for 6-7 minutes for soft cookies.
- Allow to cool and pipe with frosting or royal icing.
Keywords: Truly Grass Fed Unsalted Butter, dessert, holiday