For the Jam:
- 8 Cups fresh apricots – peeled, pitted and crushed
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 6 cups white sugar
- 5 canning jars with lids and rings
For the Snack Board:
- Truly Grass Fed Natural Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- Truly Grass Fed Natural Aged Cheddar Cheese
- Various crackers and bites
- Mix apricots and lemon juice in a large pot; add sugar. Slowly bring to a boil, stirring until sugar dissolves. Cook and stir until apricot mixture thickens, about 25 minutes. Remove from heat and skim foam if necessary.
- Meanwhile, prepare jars, lids, and rings by cleaning and sterilizing in dishwasher or boiling water bath. Leave lids in simmering water until ready to seal jars.
- Pour hot jam into hot sterilized jars, leaving about 1/4 inch of space on top. Run a knife or a thin spatula around the insides of the jars after they have been filled to remove any air bubbles. Wipe the rims of the jars with a moist paper towel to remove any food residue. Top with lids and screw on rings.
- Place a rack in the bottom of a large stockpot and fill halfway with water. Bring to a boil, then carefully lower the jars into the pot. Leave a 2-inch space between the jars. Pour in more boiling water if necessary until the water level is at least 1 inch above the tops of the jars. Bring the water to a full boil, cover the pot, and process for 15 minutes.
- Remove the jars from the pot and place onto a cloth-covered or wood surface, several inches apart, until cool. Once cool, press the top of each lid with a finger, ensuring that the seal is tight. Store in a cool, dark area.
- Slice up Truly Grass Fed Natural Sharp and Natural Aged Cheddar Cheeses for a snack board. Pair cheese slices with various crackers or crostini’s. Add a dollop of apricot jam to a cracker and top with a slice of cheese for the perfect sweet and savory pairing! Enjoy.