If you love butter, the compound butter will make your meals even better. They go well with bread and crackers as snacks or as appetizers. They are also perfect with grilled or baked beef, chicken, fish, or vegetables. Compound butter is easy to prepare and may rest in the fridge for a up to a week.
- 5 sticks Truly Grass Fed Salted Butter at room temperature
Parsley, chives, and garlic
- 4 tbsp parsley and chives finely chopped
- 1 small clove garlic finely minced
- Black pepper
Tomato and basil
- 1/4 cup sundried tomatoes well drained and finely chopped
- 10 basil leaves finely chopped
Blue cheese, nuts, and rosemary
- 2 oz blue cheese, smashed
- 2 tbsp nuts, finely chopped
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp rosemary leaves, chopped
Citrus and mint
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 1 tbsp orange zest
- 6 mint leaves, chopped
Olives and thyme
- 2 tbsp green olives, finely chopped
- 1 tsp thyme leaves
- Cut 5 rectangles of parchment paper (about 12”x8”)
- Place 1 stick of butter in a small bowl, add parsley, chives, garlic, freshly ground pepper, and mix until well combined. Place the flavored butter on a piece of parchment paper and wrap it rolling to create a log shape. Fold edges to seal and label.
- Repeat the same process for the other 4 flavors using 1 stick of butter for each one.
- Refrigerate butter logs for at least 3 hours or up to a week. You can also freeze compound butter for 2 months.
Keywords: Truly Grass Fed Salted Butter, dinner, topping, side