- 7 3/4 oz pastry flour
- 3 3/4 oz Truly Grass Fed Unsalted Butter, diced and chilled
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 egg yolk
- Cold water
- 9 oz pork sausage meat
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 2 1/4 oz Truly Grass Fed aged cheddar cheese, grated
- Half of a medium sized apple, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp harissa mix
- 2 tsp thyme, chopped
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- Freshly ground black pepper
Egg wash (1 egg and 2 tsp water), to glaze
Black sesame seeds, to garnish
- Make the pastry dough. Begin with flour in a food processor, then add butter and pulse until mixture looks like fine breadcrumbs.
- Add salt, and egg yolk, and enough cold water to form a stiff dough. Wrap and leave to rest in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- On a floured surface, roll out the dough until it is 15 3/4” x 7”.
- Preheat an oven to 375° F.
- Combine all the ingredients for the filling. Add salt and freshly ground black pepper, then mix well.
- Slice the pastry dough in half lengthwise, making sure the two pieces don’t stick to the board. Brush the long edge of each pastry with egg wash.
- Shape pieces of sausage meat and place onto each pastry, 1 inch from the left edge. Fold the other half of pastry over to cover filling.
- Using a fork or pastry roller, press down to crimp the edges of the pastry.
- Dust a knife blade with flour, then cut each pastry to form 1 1/2 inch rolls. Place all the rolls on a baking tray lined with parchment.
- Brush each roll with egg wash and sprinkle black sesame seeds on top.
- Bake for 22-24 minutes or until pastry is golden brown and sausage filling is cooked through.
- Remove from oven and place on a cooling rack.
Serve with mustard and/or relish.
- Serving Size: Makes about 20 rolls