Crispy Sharp Cheddar Gnocchi is a perfect snack for any occasion. Crispy, golden and absolutely delicious. Sharp white cheddar gives to this Italian potato dough extra texture and creamy cheesy flavor. It easy to make at home and taste great with fig sauce. Let’s cook!
- 2 medium russet potatoes
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup Truly Grass Fed Sharp Cheddar, fine grated
- 1 egg
- Pinch of sea salt
- 4 Tbsp avocado oil
- 2 Tbsp Truly Grass Fed Unsalted Butter
- ¼ cup semolina flour
- Place the potato in a large saucepan. Cover with water. Bring To a boil and cook until tender, about 12-15 min. Peel the hot potatoes, keep it in a towel
- Preheat the oven to 375°F and line the baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mash the potato with a masher. Add the flour, beaten egg, sea salt, and grated cheddar.
- Make a slight dough and form 2 balls.
- Sprinkle the work surface with semolina flour. Roll up each ball to the long snake, 2 inches in diameter. Cut with a sharp knife into ½ inch pieces. Make grooves with a fork.
- Heat the large skillet with avocado oil. Add butter. Fry each piece for 2 min until golden.
- Transfer for a baking sheet and bake for an additional 5 min.
- Serve with a fig jam and enjoy!
Keywords: appetizer, sharp cheddar