- 1 tbps. Truly Grass Fed Unsalted Butter
- ½ cup Sundried Tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 cup Onion, finely chopped
- 3 Garlic Cloves, crushed
- 1 cup Pearl Barley
- 1 ½ cup Crushed Tomatoes (tinned)
- 3 cup vegetable Stock
- ½ cup Truly Grass Fed Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- Fresh Thyme
- Heat the butter in a large saucepan over a medium-low heat.
- Add the onion and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5-7 mins until soft and translucent.
- Stir in the pearl barley, sundried tomatoes, crushed tomatoes and stock.
- Bring to the boil, then cover and reduce the heat to low. Simmer for 30-40 mins, stirring occasionally, until the barley is just cooked and all the liquid has been absorbed.
- Add ¼ cup grated cheddar and stir heavily until risotto is creamy. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with the rest of the cheddar cheese and fresh thyme.
Keywords: unsalted butter, sharp cheddar, main, pasta