- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 32 oz carton low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 7oz can green chilis
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- ½ tsp paprika
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 15oz can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15oz can white navy beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 cups shredded chicken (rotisserie chicken or pre-cooked shredded chicken)
- 1 cup Truly Grass Fed Aged Cheddar, shredded
- Fresh cilantro
- Tortilla chips
- Avocado, sliced
- Heat olive oil in a large stockpot.
- Add onion and sauté until softened.
- Add garlic and cook one minute longer.
- Add chicken broth, green chilis, and spices.
- Bring mixture to a boil then reduce to a simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir in beans, chicken, and heavy cream.
- Bring back up to temperature.
- Serve hot with fresh cheese, cilantro, avocado, and tortilla chips.
Keywords: aged cheddar, soup