- 3 flour tortillas
- ½ tbsp olive oil
- 1 ½ cups Truly Grass Fed Natural Sharp Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- 1 (4-5 pound) chuck roast
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 4 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 2–3 chipotle chilis in adobo sauce chopped
- 2 tablespoons adobo sauce
- 3 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Add chuck roast to the insert of slow cooker.
- In a 2 cup measuring cup stir together beef broth, apple cider vinegar, garlic, chilis, adobo sauce, cumin, chili powder, oregano and salt.
- Pour into slow cooker and cook on low setting for 8 hours.
- Shred beef in the slow cooker using two forks.
- Heat oil in a pan or skillet.
- Add cheese and barbacoa to each half of a tortilla and fold over.
- Heat in your pan until both sides are golden brown and cheese is melted.
- Serve warm with limes and cilantro.
Keywords: sharp cheddar, beef