Flourish

IN PURSUIT OF DAIRY GREATNESS

Truly Grass Fed is on a mission to improve the quality of the world’s dairy by leading the journey to third-party grass-fed certification. We are currently developing a code of practice that will give dairy processors in Ireland the opportunity to qualify as certified Grass Fed producers. When food manufacturers use dairy from these farms in their recipes and formulas, they will earn the right to use our seal on their products to cue their commitment to top-quality dairy with a conscience.

The certification process is ongoing,
and it is our goal to have this revolutionary new standard
in dairy established in 2017.

At least 95% naturally grass fed

Currently, 95.3% of our cows’ diet is grass and silage (grass harvested during summer for use during winter) with the remaining 4.7% coming from concentrates.

Non-GMO Project Verified

Truly Grass Fed products are verified by the Non-GMO Project. Truly Grass Fed means as nature intended.

 

rBST-free

Truly Grass Fed dairy does not use synthetic hormones to boost milk production. Our products are 100% free from rBST (also known as rBGH), a genetically engineered variant of a natural growth hormone produced by dairy cows.

Antibiotic-free

Truly Grass Fed cows are not treated prophylactically with antibiotics. Small farms, fresh air and plenty of space to roam dramatically reduce the spread of illness and lead to naturally healthier herds. If a cow is sick and is in need of treatment, her milk is kept out of the total supply until she is well.

Animal welfare friendly

All Truly Grass Fed animals are inspected by a veterinarian and certified as fit for producing milk for human consumption.

Environmentally responsible

Truly Grass Fed is as much about the quality of our dairy and the health of our cows as it is about the world they live in. Our seal represents our dedication to innovating efficiencies that will create a net-zero impact on the environment.

The Non-GMO Project Verified seal is trademarked in the United States and Canada and can only be used on products sold within those markets.

WHO'S BEHIND THE TRULY GRASS FED SEAL?

Glanbia Ingredients Ireland is one of the world’s premier dairy companies, and its industry experts are responsible for the Truly Grass Fed certification effort. Glanbia is currently working with key state agencies in Ireland to establish the certification criteria with the hopes that it will become the definitive, world-leading standard for grass-fed dairy.

DO TRULY GRASS FED FARMS FOLLOW ANY STANDARDS CURRENTLY?

The Truly Grass fed certification process is ongoing, and you can still wholly trust the superior quality of our products. All Our farms already adhere to a top independent standard through the Sustainable Dairy Assurance Scheme (SDAS), which is part of Origin Green, Ireland's national sustainability initiative. We are proud to be a founding member of Origin Green as it ensures that Truly Grass Fed goes beyond sustainability to deliver the very best from cow to consumer.

SDAS outlines how our
farmers follow best
practices in…

welfare

Animal health
and welfare

quality

Product quality

traceability

Cow and milk
traceability

environmental

Environmental sustainability

soil and grassland

Soil and grassland management

TRULY GRASS FED VS. ORGANIC

We believe that Truly Grass Fed compares very favorably with organic certification standards for dairy. Our cows eat a complete, natural diet of grass and enjoy an easy outdoor lifestyle that promotes better health and better quality milk. U.S. Organic standards do not dictate the type of feed for dairy cows (many are fed corn and concentrates, which are difficult to digest), nor do they guarantee that the cows won’t spend most of their lives confined in indoor spaces.