Flourish

PLEASANT PASTURES

Truly Grass Fed milk comes from 4,800 farms located in Ireland’s most fertile land. Each farm has an average of 80 cows on approximately 150 acres, which is only about one cow for every two acres. 
Now that’s what we call room to roam.

Our cows are what make Truly Grass Fed foods possible, so animal welfare is right at home here. Our farmers share deep bonds with their herds, and the innovators behind Truly Grass Fed belong to a dairy ingredients company that cares so deeply about animal welfare that it commissions independent, third-party animal audits across its entire co-op of farms.

IT’S ALL IN THE FAMILY

Welcome to where land is inherited, not exploited and where farming is not only a way of life, but also an enduring tradition. Many Truly Grass Fed farms have been passed down through generations, and our farmers represent a mix of young, highly skilled entrepreneurs and seasoned veterans. Here, they are sincere stewards of the land, viewing dairy farming as both a fulfilling lifestyle and a viable business.

Family

OUT AND ABOUT

Truly Grass Fed cows live how nature intended: outside and unconfined. They are free to leisurely graze on acres of lush, plentiful grass and enjoy their spacious surroundings for up to 300 days a year. When the temperature drops enough for grass growth to slow down, our cows come inside out of the cold and enjoy a diet of grass silage collected from the fields during summer, plus a small amount of concentrates for nutrition.

Out and about

COWNATOMY 101

Truly Grass Fed cows are different, and here’s your chance to explore exactly how and why.

PEACE OF MIND

Stress-free cows are happy cows, and happy cows are Truly Grass Fed cows. The slow-paced routines and familiar masters on a small family farm are the perfect fit for these creatures of habit.

PEACE OF MIND

GUT HEALTH

Cows are ruminants, which means their stomachs have four compartments. Diets of corn, cereals and concentrate feed can cause dietary upset for ruminants, whereas grass provides a highly digestible and nutritionally complete form of nourishment.

GUT HEALTH

BREATHE EASY

Truly Grass Fed cows spend most of their lives outdoors enjoying Ireland’s clean, fresh air. The temperate climate keeps them out of forced ventilation, which can lead to the spread of infection within herds.

BREATHE EASY

HEARTFELT BONDS

Small herds mean that each cow receives more individual attention. Generations of masters and animals live and grow together, making this symbiotic lifestyle a reality. Animal welfare is truly at a premium on Irish farms.

HEARTFELT BONDS

STEP BY STEP

Smaller farms mean less distance to walk to the milking parlor twice a day. Plus, natural sunlight and mist-soaked strolls on the soft soil (versus concrete on conventional farms) keep cows at ease and reduce undue strain on their bodies.

STEP BY STEP

95% GRASS DIET

Truly Grass Fed cows dine on a diet of at least 95% grass with a little added clover for nutrition. The other 5% (or less) comes from concentrates to enhance specific nutrients for our cows at key stages in the year, such as late gestation and early lactation.

95% GRASS DIET
cow
legends

Dairy cows have been prized as a symbol of prosperity in Irish life and folklore for centuries.