Fluffy, delicious, flavorful, with the plus of the texture of the apple in the dough. Serve with butter, honey, maple syrup, or a sweet apple sauce.
- 2 small tart apples, peeled and chopped (about 1 ½ cup)
- 3 tbsp Truly Grass Fed unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp honey
- ½ water (approximately)
- 1 small cinnamon stick
- 1 ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- 2 pinches salt
- 1 ½ cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Vegetable oil (just a little)
- Lace 1 tbsp butter, apple, honey, water, and cinnamon stick in a small pan. Cook over low heat, stirring once in a while until the apples are fully cooked, reach a caramelized color, and the juices dry entirely. Let cool for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt the remaining butter and set it aside. In a medium bowl, mix the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Combine the buttermilk, eggs, and vanilla extract just enough to obtain a smooth batter. Stir prepared apple into the batter.
- Heat a medium non-stick frying pan and brush with just a little bit of vegetable oil. Turn heat to low, place 1 small ladle of the batter in the middle, and spread to obtain an even layer.
- When pancakes bubble on top and are slightly golden around the edges, flip them using a spatula so they brown on the other side as well. Transfer to a serving plate and keep preparing the remaining batter.
- Serve warm pancakes with butter, honey, maple syrup, or apple sauce.