- 5 tbsp Truly Grass Fed Unsalted Butter, room temperature
- 2 tbsp Truly Grass Fed Unsalted Butter, chilled and diced
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 apples
- Demerara sugar to sprinkle on top
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line an 8-inch cake pan with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together room temperature butter, sugar, vanilla extract, and eggs.
- Add flour, baking powder, and salt. Mix until batter is creamy and smooth.
- Pour batter into prepared cake pan and smooth into an even layer.
- Without peeling, core and cut each apple into 8 slices. Place all slices on top of the batter with the peeled side on top.
- Place chilled butter pieces on top of batter and sprinkle with demerara sugar.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes until cake has risen and the sugar has caramelized the apples creating a golden and crispy top. You should be able to insert a toothpick in the middle and have it come out clean.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 30 minutes before serving.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes