For the pastry:
- 1 ¼ cup all- purpose Flour
- ¾ tsp. Salt
- ½ cup Unsalted Truly Grass Fed Unsalted Butter, frozen
- 1/3 cup Iced Water, plus more if needed
For the toppings:
- 1 medium Sweet Potato, sliced very thinly
- 1 small Zucchini, sliced very thinly
- 1 medium Potato, sliced very thinly
- 1 medium Carrot, sliced very thinly
- ½ medium Red Onion, sliced
- ¼ tsp. Salt
- ½ tsp. Thyme, fresh leaves
- ¼ cup shredded Truly Grass Fed Aged Cheddar
- Whisk the flour, salt and pepper together in a large bowl.
- Place a box grater over the bowl and grate the butter on the large holes.
- Gently toss the butter in the flour to distribute it evenly.
- Stir in the ice water with a fork until the flour is evenly moistened – you can add 1-2 tbsp. of water if it’s too dry.
- Knead the dough on a working surface until it’s soft and even.
- Refrigerate for around 1 hour.
- Roll it to make a big circle – the magic of a galette is that you don’t need to make a perfect circle (or shape), it looks amazing with the cracked and uneven borders.
- Preheat the oven to 450ºF.
- Start arranging the vegetables in circles to form a pattern in the center of the galette (leaving 1 ½ of the rims free). Sprinkle with a little salt and the shredded aged cheddar.
- Fold the rims to the inside and place over a lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the veggies are soft and dough is golden brown.
- Serve with fresh thyme.
Keywords: vegetarian, brunch, unsalted butter