- Nonstick Vegetable Oil Spray
- ½ cup Truly Grass Fed Unsalted Butter
- ¾ cup granulated Sugar
- ½ cup light Brown Sugar
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- ¼ tsp. Baking Soda
- 4 oz. Bittersweet Chocolate, chopped
- ½ cup unsalted, roasted nuts, chopped
- ½ tsp. flaky sea salt
- Lightly coat a baking sheet with nonstick spray.
- Combine butter, granulated and brown sugars, salt, and 2 tbsp. water in a large heavy saucepan fitted with candy thermometer.
- Cook over medium-high heat, swirling pan occasionally until thermometer registers 300° (toffee should be a deep golden brown), 7–9 minutes.
- Remove toffee from heat and carefully stir in vanilla.
- Sprinkle baking soda evenly over the surface and stir just until incorporated (be careful not to overmix).
- Quickly scrape the mixture onto a prepared baking sheet and tilt from side to side to spread mixture slightly; let cool 10 minutes.
- Drizzle chocolate over toffee, scatter nuts, then sprinkle with sea salt.
- Let sit until caramel is firm, at least 2 hours.
Keywords: unsalted butter, candy, holidays