- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup dark cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) Truly Grass Fed Natural Creamy Unsalted Butter, melted
- 1 (15 oz) can pure pumpkin
- 1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Spray a 9-inch round tart pan with a removable bottom with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, sugar and salt. Make a well in the center and add the melted butter. Stir into a crumbly dough.
- Press dough into the bottom and up the sides of the tart pan, then prick with a fork. Place tart pan on a baking sheet and bake crust for 10 minutes. Remove and let cool for 10 minutes while you make the filling.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the pumpkin, sweetened condensed milk, egg, pumpkin pie spice and salt. Pour into crust.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 425°F. Reduce oven to 350°F and bake for another 25-30 minutes or until filling is set and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let cool at least 1 hour before serving. Serve with a dollop of whipped cream, if desired.