For the Rough Puﬀ Pastry
- 65g Water
- 45g Truly Grass Fed Unsalted Butter, softened
- 165g All purpose Flour
- 3g Salt
- 100g Truly Grass Fed Unsalted Butter, cold and cut into 1.5cm cubes
For the Cinnamon Mix
- 50g Sugar
- 1tsp Cinnamon powder
- For the vanilla Icing
- 200g Icing sugar
- 1/2tsp vanilla extract
For the dough:
1. In a medium bowl, combine the ﬂour, salt and water and soft butter, mix until all the ingredients are combined together.
2. Add the cold butter cut in cubes. Work just enough to distribute the cubes in the dough (approx30 seconds, you should be able to see the butter cubes in the dough).
3. Place the dough on the ﬂoured work surface. Slightly ﬂour the top. Start rolling out the dough to form a rectangle.
4. Once the rectangle is formed (approx 20×45). Fold the rectangle in thirds, like a letter.
5. Roll out the dough again, always from the short side. This time fold it like a book: roll out the dough a bit longer than before, then fold it in half. Open it up again and fold the extremities towards the middle (they should touch). Then gently press the centre with a rolling pin to make it easier to fold. Now fold one side on top of the other.
6. Wrap in cling ﬁlm and refrigerate for 1 hour.
7. Flour the work surface and roll out the dough again in the same manner, from the short side. Again fold it like in the second step (like a book). Repeat the process for the fourth fold.
8. Wrap in cling ﬁlm and refrigerate for at least 3 hours, or even better, overnight.
Making Cinnamon Twists:
1. Roll chilled dough to 5mm thickness. Sprinkle with the cinnamon sugar. Press sugar mixture into the dough, ﬂip it over.
2. Cut dough into 1.5cm strips. Pick up each strip and twist the ends into opposite directions until dough is spiraled.
3. Place twists onto a parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake at 180C for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.
Making the Icing:
1. Combine the powdered sugar, vanilla, and enough milk to make the icing the right consistency to drizzle over the twists.
2. Once the cinnamon twists are room temperature, glaze with icing sugar icing and serve.
Keywords: Truly Grass Fed Unsalted Butter, breakfast, baking