- 1/4 Cup Truly Grass Fed Salted Butter
- 1/2 Cup Shortening
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 2 ½ Cups Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 4 Cups confectioners’ sugar
- 3 Tablespoons meringue powder
- 9–10 Tablespoons room temperature water
- Food coloring, optional
- Mix butter, shortening, sugar, eggs and vanilla thoroughly by hand
- Add flour, baking powder and blend together until dough is formed
- Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate a minimum of 2 hours or overnight
- Lightly dust your surface with flour and roll out your chilled dough
- Use desired cookie cutter shapes to cut out dough and place 1 inch apart on baking sheet
- Bake at 375 degrees for 8-10 minutes or until the edges are slightly brown. Let cool.
- Meanwhile, combine all royal icing ingredients and beat together on high for 1-2 minutes. When lifting the whisk up off the icing, the icing should drizzle down and smooth out within 5-10 seconds.
- Frost with royal icing as desired and enjoy!