- 1 can pelatti tomatoes
- 1 cup fresh orange juice
- 6 oz dried dates, pitted and chopped
- 4 tbsp Truly Grass Fed ghee butter
- 14 oz canned chickpeas, drained
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp powdered cinnamon
- 2 tsp turmeric
- 1 cardamom pod, crushed with a knife blade
- 1 tsp sweet paprika
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 2 tsp ginger, grated
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 can/14oz drained chickpeas
- 4 tbsp cilantro leaves, chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh mint, chopped
- ½ cup cashew nut, roughly chopped
- Salt and black pepper
- Blend the tomatoes, orange juice, and dates in a blender until thick and chunky. Set aside.
- Heat ghee in a medium saucepan, add cumin, cinnamon, turmeric, cardamom, and paprika and keep over low heat until fragrant. Stir in garlic, ginger, and onions and wait until wilt. Add the brown sugar and let caramelize for 1 minute.
- Pour blended tomato paste into the pan, add chickpeas, salt, and pepper.
- Cook in low heat for 10 to 15 minutes, until sauce is flavorful, fragrant, and thickens.
- Season with salt and pepper, turn off the heat, stir in cilantro, mint, and cashew nuts. Serve immediately with a bowl of basmati rice.