- 2 cups self-rising flour
- ½ tsp salt
- ¾ cup shortening
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup Truly Grass Fed Unsalted Butter, softened
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ tsp nutmeg or cinnamon
- 1 cup milk
- 1/3 cup sugar
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease a medium sized baking dish.
- In a large bowl combine flour and salt. Add shortening and use a pastry cutter to cut into flour until small crumbs remain.
- Add water and mix just until dough comes together.
- Turn dough out onto a floured surface and roll into a large rectangle.
- Spread butter over the top with sprinkle with sugar and nutmeg or cinnamon.
- Roll up like you would a cinnamon roll. Cut into 12 even slices and place into your prepared baking dish.
- Heat milk in a pot over high heat then add sugar until dissolved. Bring to a boil then pour over rolls.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes.
Keywords: breakfast, dessert, unsalted butter