- For Sourdough
- 3 cups flour
- 1 ¼ cups warm water
- ¾ cup active sourdough starter
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 ½ tsp salt
- For French Toast
- 6 slices sourdough bread
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp Truly Grass Fed Unsalted Butter
- Powdered sugar, for dusting
For Sourdough Bread
- Mix all sourdough ingredients in a stand mixer with hook attachment then let sit for 15 minutes.
- Continue to knead with hook attachment for 5 minutes.
- Place dough in a greased bowl and cover for 2-3 hours.
- After it has risen, turn it in the bowl a few times then upside down. Cover again and let rise another hour.
- Place a large dutch oven into an unheated oven.
- Turn the heat up to 450F then set timer for 40 minutes.
- Slice the top off your dough then place inside the dutch oven with lid.
- Bake another 12-15 minutes. Remove lid and bake until top is golden brown.
For French Toast
- Cut your bread into thin slices.
- In a bowl, whisk eggs, milk and cinnamon.
- Dip in your bread on both sides then place in a skillet with melted butter.
- Cook until golden brown.
- Dust with powdered sugar and serve with butter.
Keywords: unsalted butter, bread, breakfast