- For Dough:
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 1 Tbsp Truly Grass Fed Salted Butter, melted
- 1 egg
- ½ cup of sour cream
- ½ tsp of sea salt
- For Filling:
- 2 medium russet potatoes, peeled
- 1 Tbsp Truly Grass fed salted butter
- 2 Tbsp cream cheese
- 1 cup Truly Grass Fed Natural Sharp Cheddar, grated
- salt and pepper to taste
- For Butter Rosemary sauce:
- 4 Tbsp Truly Grass Fed Unsalted Butter
- 2 Tbsp heavy cream
- ½ onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 bunches of fresh rosemary
- To make the dough combine in a mixing bowl the flour, melted butter, salt, sour cream, an egg, and mix until well combined. Cover and set aside for 20 min.
- In a saucepan cover the quartered potatoes with water. Bring to a boil and cook about 25-30 min, until tender. Then drain and mash with a potato mashed. Add remained filling ingredients. Season with salt and pepper. Cool for room temperature.
- Roll the dough with the floured surface to 3-4 mm thickness. Cut out 3-inch circles using glass or cutter. Add 1 teaspoon of filling to the center of each circle. Fold half and press the edges.
- Bring boil water in the large pot and cook the pierogies for 3-4 min, until they float. Drain and keep warm.
- Heat the skillet and add butter add the onion and garlic and cook for 5 minutes for medium heat. Add rosemary and stir. Add cream and seasons with salt to taste.
- Serve the pierogies with butter rosemary sauce and sprinkle with extra shredded cheddar cheese.
Keywords: pasta, salted butter, unsalted butter, sharp cheddar