- 1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ cup salted butter (1 stick, at room temperature)
- ½ cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup + 2 tsp granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Sea salt flakes
- Combine flour and baking soda to a mixing bowl
- To the bowl of a stand mixer, add softened butter and both sugars. Beat with paddle attachment for about 2 minutes, until mixture is smooth and fluffy.
- Add egg and vanilla, beat on low speed until combined.
- Add flour, half the mixture at a time, beating on low speed until combined after each addition.
- Add chocolate chips and stir together with a wooden spoon.
- Cover bowl and let chill in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Using a large cookie scoop, scoop round balls of dough onto parchment paper about 2 inches apart.
- Bake approximately 10-12 minutes, until edges are golden brown.
- Sprinkle sea salt flakes on top of freshly baked cookies out of the oven.
- Allow cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack to finish cooling.