- 4 cups Hard Bread (1–2 days old)
- 3 Eggs
- 1 cup Milk
- 1 cup Dark Chocolate Chips
- ½ cup Brown Sugar
- ¼ cup Rum
- 2 tbsp. Truly Grass Fed Unsalted Butter, melted
- 1 tsp. Ground Cinnamon
- 1 tsp. Vanilla extract
- Powdered sugar to top
- Preheat oven to 175ºC/350ºF.
- Break bread into pieces and arrange them in a baking tray.
- In a bowl, mix eggs, milk, chocolate chips (leave some to top), brown sugar, rum, melted
butter, ground cinnamon and vanilla extract. Mix with a hand mixer until well combined.
- Pour the eggs and milk mixture over the bread – making sure all pieces are fully soaked.
- Top with a bit more chocolate chips.
- Bake for around 45 minutes, or until golden on top.
- Serve topped with fine sugar (and feel free to add a bit more rum).
Keywords: unsalted butter, dessert, chocolate