This quick tomato and olive biscuit is very easy to prepare and is a nice twist on the classic biscuit recipe! In half an hour, you’ll have some delicious, warm, soft homemade biscuits right on your table. You can serve them with breakfast or brunch, as snacks, and with lunch or dinner. Serve these delicious and beautiful biscuits with salted butter.
- 2 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 stick cold Truly Grass Fed Salted Butter, diced
- ¾ cup buttercream or plain yogurt
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- 1/3 cup Truly Grass Fed Aged Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- 1 tbsp fresh or dried oregano
- 1 tbsp green olives, chopped
- Flour to dust
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC (392ºF / medium-hot / Gas 7). Set a medium baking pan aside; there is no need to grease.
- In a bowl, combine flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda. Rub the butter into the flour with your fingertips until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Add buttermilk, tomato paste, cheddar cheese, oregano, and olives. Work the dough to prevent the bread from getting heavy until ingredients are well blended and form a ball; the dough needs to remains a little sticky.
- Transfer to a floured work surface and, using a rolling pin, roll out to about 2 cm (¾ in) thickness. Cut dough into circles about 3 cm (1¼ in) in diameter and place on the baking pan, leaving space between them.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until they are golden brown and risen.
- Let them rest for about 5 minutes and serve with butter.
Keywords: Truly Grass Fed Aged Cheddar Cheese, Truly Grass Fed Salted Butter Sticks, brunch, bread, side