- 2 large white potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 cup potato water (from boiling potatoes)
- 1 ¼ oz package dry instant yeast
- 1 egg, beaten
- 4 tbsp Truly Grass Fed Unsalted Butter, softened and cubed
- 1 tbsp honey
- 5 cups flour
- 2 tsp salt
- Bring a medium pot of water to a boil then add potatoes.
- Boil until soft.
- Before draining, reserve 1 cup of the potato water and set aside to cool.
- Mash potatoes and measure out 1 ¼ cup and set aside.
- Once potato water is lukewarm, add to a stand mixer along with yeast.
- Add hook attachment and combine until yeast dissolves.
- Let sit for 5 minutes until yeast begins to bubble.
- Add mashed potatoes, egg, butter, and honey.
- Mix well then add flour 1 cup at a time and salt.
- Dough should begin to pull away from the bowl.
- If it is still too sticky you can add a little bit more flour.
- Pour out on a floured surface and knead for 5 minutes.
- Place in a large greased bowl and cover an hour.
- Remove from bowl and separate the dough in half.
- Make 8 pieces for each half (16 total) and form in to round balls.
- Add to your greased baking dish/dishes so that they are 1 inch apart then brush with flour.
- Cover again and allow to rise another hour.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Bake for 20 minutes then enjoy right away!
Keywords: unsalted butter, bread, roll