For the cupcakes
- 200g self-raising flour
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 150g caster sugar
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 150ml sunflower oil
- 150ml low fat milk
- 2 tbsp golden syrup
For the buttercream and decorations
- 80g Truly Grass Fed salted butter, at room temperature
- 250g Icing sugar
- a couple of drops of vanilla extract
- 1 pack Oreo cookies
- black tube of writing icing
- confetti sprinkles, optional
- Line a 2 x 12 hole muffin tray with baking cases
- Pre-heat the oven to 180c/350f.
- Sieve the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and sugar together into a large bowl. Whisk together the eggs, sunflower oil, milk and golden syrup.
- Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients, pour in the wet ingredients and whisk gently to combine.
- Pour even amounts into the baking cases and bake for 25-30 mins until risen and cooked in the centre.
- Allow to cool in the tin for 20 minutes then remove from the tin and place onto a wire cooling rack.
For the buttercream and assembly
- In a bowl soften the butter with an electric whisk, beat in the icing sugar until creamy, add the vanilla and mix through.
- Split the Oreo cookies, onto the cream filling, pipe a clock face showing midnight.
- Pipe or spoon the buttercream onto the top of each cupcake, top with an Oreo clock and decorate with some confetti sprinkles, if using.