- 4 tbsp. Truly Grass Fed Ghee Clarified Butter
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 2 Garlic Cloves, chopped
- 1 cup Heavy Cream
- 1 fresh Bay Leaf
- 1 kg. Mussels, cleaned and debearded
- 250 ml. of Irish Stout
- ½ a Bunch of Fresh Flat-Leaf Parsley, finely chopped
- In a pan, melt the ghee and cook the shallot and garlic for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add the bay leaf, and a pinch of sea salt and black pepper.
- Next, add the heavy cream and the mussels (if any are open, give them a tap; if they don’t close, throw them away), then the Irish Stout.
- Boil, then lower the heat, cover and steam for 3 to 5 minutes, or until the mussels have opened (discard any unopened ones).
- Stir in the herbs, adjust the seasoning and serve with bread and fresh parsley.
Keywords: Truly Grass Fed Ghee Clarified Butter, seafood