- 5 slices bacon, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons Truly Grass Fed Ghee Clarified Butter
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, cleaned and halved
- 2 large Honeycrisp apples, peeled & chopped into 1-inch cubes
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons pure maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons water
small pinch of ground cinnamon
- small pinch of ground nutmeg
- sea salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the apple cider vinegar, pure maple syrup, and water.
- In a 12-inch cast-iron skillet over medium-low heat, cook the bacon until crisp. Remove the bacon from the pan and place it on a plate to cool.
- Over medium-high heat, melt the ghee in the same skillet used to cook the bacon. Add the Brussels sprouts to the pan, cut side down, and cook undisturbed over medium-high heat for 3-5 minutes, or until the Brussels sprouts are golden brown (they will only be golden on the one side).
- Now work quickly to place the Honeycrisp apples in the pan on top of the Brussels sprouts (otherwise the Brussels sprouts might burn). Season them with a small pinch of cinnamon and nutmeg, and then stir the apples and Brussels sprouts together.
- Pour the apple cider vinegar, maple syrup, and water mixture into the pan; it will sizzle and steam.
- Add the cooked bacon to the pan. Mix continuously and continue to cook for another 2-4 minutes, just long enough to finish cooking the Brussels sprouts and slightly soften the apples.
- Season with sea salt and pepper to taste.
Keywords: ghee clarified butter, side dish