- For the soup:
- 3 tbsp. Truly Grass Fed Unsalted Butter
- 5 cups Leek, white and light green parts only, roughly chopped
- 3 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 2 cups Potatoes, diced
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 6 cups Vegetable Broth
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Crispy Leek:
- 1 Leek, cut in thin strips
- 1 tbsp. Truly Grass Fed Unsalted Butter
- Cheddar Crackers:
- 1 cup Truly Grass Fed Aged Cheddar Cheese, grated
- Pinch of pepper
- ¼ tsp. Thyme
- Melt the butter over medium heat in a large soup pot.
- Add the leeks and garlic and cook, stirring regularly, until soft and wilted, about 10 minutes.
- Add the potatoes, broth, bay leaves, salt and pepper and bring to a boil.
- Cover and turn the heat down to low. Simmer for 15 minutes, or until the potatoes are very soft.
- Remove the bay leaves, then purée the soup with a hand-held immersion blender until smooth.
- Taste and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper (If soup is too thin, simmer until thickened).
- Heat 1 tbsp. of butter in a pan and fry 1 leek cut in strips until golden. Remove excess grease with paper towers.
- Serve soup with cheddar cheese crackers and crispy leek.
For Cheddar Cheese Crackers:
- Preheat the oven to 400°.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper (or use a silicone mat for best results). Spoon cheese in 2 inch diameter circles, leaving 2 inches apart on the prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle with thyme and pepper and bake for 8 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool completely.
- Serving Size: 4
Keywords: Truly Grass Fed Aged Cheddar, Truly Grass Fed Unsalted Butter, soup