- 2 cups Golden Raisins
- 3 tbsp. Lemon Zest
- ¼ cup Irish Whiskey
- ¾ cup Truly Grass Fed Unsalted Butter, softened
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 3 Eggs , separate yolk and white
- 1 ½ cups All Purpose Flour
- ½ tsp. Salt
- 1 tsp. Ground Cinnamon
- 1 tsp. Baking Powder
- Confectioners Sugar
- Place the raisins, lemon zest, and whiskey in a small bowl and let them soak overnight.
- Line the bottom of a rectangular cake pan with parchment paper, butter and dusted with flour.
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Sift the flour, salt, cinnamon and baking powder into a bowl and set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg yolks and beat well.
- Quickly add in the flour mixture and the soaked raisins and the whiskey.
- In a separate bowl, whip the egg whites until peaks start to form and fold them into the mixture softly and without overmixing.
- Pour this into your prepared pan and bake at 350ºF for 45 to 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Cool the cake thoroughly on a wire rack.
- Garnish with confectioners sugar.
Keywords: Truly Grass Fed Unsalted Butter, cake, dessert, baking