Crafted by Catherine Fulvio using Truly Grass Fed Ghee Clarified Butter for St. Patrick’s Day
- 100g / 3½ oz Truly Grass Fed Ghee Clarified Butter
- 180g / 6¼ oz dark chocolate
- 80g / 2¾ oz golden caster sugar
- 2 large eggs, beaten with a fork
- 80ml / 2¾ fl oz Irish stout
- 4 tbsp dried sour cherries, chopped
- ½ large orange, zest only
- 120g / 4¼ oz plain/ cake flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
For the Irish whiskey cream
- 120ml / 4 fl oz cream
- 2 tbsp icing/ powdered sugar
- ½ orange, zest only
- 2 tbsp Irish whiskey
- Cocoa powder, to dust
- Orange zest, to decorate
- Preheat the oven to 180°C / Fan 160°C / 320°F/ gas 4.
- For the puddings, brush the inside of the ovenproof teacups or ramekins with some ghee.
- Place them in a roasting tray to ensure that they all fit.
- Over a bain marie (water bath) with low heat, melt together the Truly Grass Fed Ghee and chocolate. Add the sugar and stir well.
- Take off the heat and whisk in the eggs and stout.
- Add the dried sour cherries and orange zest.
- Fold in the flour and baking powder.
- Spoon the mixture into the cups 2/3rd of the way up.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes until well risen and just cooked.
- To prepare the cream, place all the ingredients into a bowl and whisk until soft peaks are reached. Set aside, ready to serve.
- Take out the tray out the oven, cool slightly, place the cups on plates or saucers to serve.
- Dust with cocoa powder and decorate with orange zest.
- Serve with the Irish whiskey cream.
- Category: dessert
Keywords: Truly Grass Fed Ghee Clarified Butter, dessert, St. Patrick's Day, Catherine Fulvio