This irresistible chocolate cake is simply delightful and unforgettable. It is one of those recipes that you will crave for and will find yourself in the kitchen making it repeatedly. This cake is meant to be served straight from the baking dish since it is so gooey, and it would fall apart if moved. Made with our Truly Grass Fed Unsalted Butter, it is sure to hit the spot.
- 6 oz semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 sticks Truly Grass Fed Unsalted Butter
- 2 pinches salt
- 2/3 cup cocoa powder
- 6 eggs at room temperature
- 2/3 cup sugar
- Butter to grease and cocoa powder to dust
- Heat the oven to 350Fº/180ºC (medium). Separate a medium-sized baking dish (8”) where the cake will also be served, grease it with butter, and dust with cocoa powder.
- Place chopped chocolate, butter, and salt in a small pan and heat over low heat until melted, don’t need to boil. Turn of the heat, whisk until glossy, and let it rest for about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place whole eggs in the mixer bowl and beat for about 5 minutes, until eggs are pale yellow color, light, and frothy. Add 1/3 of sugar and beat it until incorporated. Add another 1/3, beat again, and then add the remaining sugar. Tun the mixer on high speed until eggs are thickly whipped and form a ribbon.
- With a spatula, slowly incorporate the chocolate mixture and the eggs.
- Place ¾ of the batter in the baking tray and pop it into the oven. Keep the remaining 1/4 of the batter in the bowl and take this part to the refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Bake the cake base for about 30 minutes until it starts looking like a cake. It will rise, the sides will pull away from the pan, and the edges will look dry (the cake tester stick won’t work as usual, as there will be moist crumbs attached).
- Take the cake out of the oven and let it cool for about 1 hour. The center will settle.
- Heat the oven again to 350Fº/180ºC (medium).
- Take the remaining batter from the fridge and gently spread it in the center of the cake.
- Return the baking dish to the oven for 10 to 12 minutes until a thin crust is formed.
- Take the cake out of the oven, let it sit for 30 minutes, and serve warm or cooled at room temperature.