This easy chicken bake makes your everyday dinner a great moment: better and comfy.
- 5 tbsp Truly Grass Fed ghee
- 1 garlic clove, smashed
- 2 tbsp whole-grain mustard
- 1 cup white wine
- 4 large chicken breast filets, skinned and deboned
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 carrots, unpeeled and thick-sliced
- 4 medium potatoes, unpeeled and in quarts
- Salt and black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350ºF/medium/180ºC for about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, spread 3 tbsp of ghee on a large baking pan. Stir in the garlic, mustard, white wine, salt, and pepper. Add the chicken filets, carrots, and potatoes and toss well. Arrange them in a single layer.
- Cover with food-safe aluminum foil and pop into the oven. Roast for about 40 minutes until the chicken breast, carrots and potatoes are tender and fully cooked (chicken juices should run clear when pierced with a fork).
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining ghee and honey. Set aside.
- Discard the aluminum foil and increase oven temperature to 425ºF/hot/220ºC.
- Brush the chicken breast with the ghee and honey and roast for about 20 minutes, flipping after 10 minutes, until golden brown.
- Remove the baking dish from the oven and transfer the chicken breast, carrots and potatoes to a serving plate.
- Place baking pan over high heat. Place 2 to 3 paper towels over the pan juice and wait until they absorb the fat. Bring to a boil, scrape the bottom to loosen any brown bits, and let the juices boil and reduce for about 3 minutes. Adjust salt and pepper, strain into a bowl.
- Serve warm chicken and juice warm.