The carrots cook in the pan with the orange juice; the salt and the honey caramelize the carrots with Truly Grass Fed ghee butter, making them so flavorful, with a unique texture, aroma, and shine.
- 4 medium carrots
- 2 tbsp Truly Grass Fed Ghee Butter
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 and 1/2 cup orange juice, approximately
- Peel and chop the carrots into slices about ½ “ in thickness. If the carrots are young and tiny, wash them well and don’t bother peeling and slicing, you can cook them whole with their greens.
- Place the carrots, ghee, honey, salt, and orange juice (just enough so it covers the carrots) in a large saucepan that can fit all the slices in only one layer)
- Take the partially covered pan to medium heat. Cook for 15 to 20 minutes or until the carrots are tender, shiny, and caramelized. The juice will evaporate, and the carrots will caramelize on the ghee with honey. Time varies since younger carrots cook faster and old ones take longer. Serve immediately.