- 2 large artichokes, about ½” of top removed and outer leaves trimmed.
- 1 tbsp + 4 tbsp Truly Grass Fed Salted Butter, separated
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp cracked pepper
- ¼ tsp fresh thyme, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Set a steamer basket in a large pot; add enough water so it reaches just below the basket and bring to a boil.
- Place artichokes in steamer basket, stem-side up. Cover pot, and steam until heart is tender when pierced with a tip of a paring knife, and inner leaves pull out easily, 25 to 35 minutes; add more water to pot, if necessary.
- Remove from pot and let cool slightly. Cut artichokes in half and remove the choke.
- Heat 1 tbsp butter in a large skillet over medium heat then add artichokes face down in butter until crisp. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Melt the remaining butter and stir in thyme and garlic and use for dipping.
- Category: Side
Keywords: Truly Grass Fed Salted Butter, vegetable, side dish