For Butter Donuts
- 8.5 oz. self-raising flour
- 5 oz. granulated sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 tbsp Truly Grass Fed Unsalted Butter melted
- 2 free-range eggs
- 6.75 oz. milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
For Strawberry Icing Glaze**
- 1 container fresh strawberries (approx. 16oz.)
- 2 tbsp water
- 4oz confectioners’ sugar
- Red colouring paste
- Variety of candy sprinkles, freeze dried berries, edible flowers, rose petals etc… **You can use any berries/fruit you like to flavour the icing. Blueberries, raspberries, mango, lemon, etc. Just use a food colouring paste to accentuate the colour of the icing
For Butter Donuts
- Preheat the oven to 350F
- Lightly spray 2 x 6 hole donut pans with oil and set aside.
- Whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk egg, milk, butter and vanilla extract then add to the dry ingredients, combine well until fully mixed. Try not to over mix at same time.
- Add the batter into a large ziplock bag (or use a bakers piping bag), cut the corner off one end of ziplock bag and pipe evenly into the trays to 3/4 full in each donut hole.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until risen and golden brown.
- When cooked, remove from the oven and transfer onto a wire rack, turn donuts upside down and cool thoroughly.
For Strawberry Icing Glaze
- To make the puree, add strawberries to a small saucepan along with water and cook down over low-medium heat until mushy.
- Mash with a fork or use a stick blender and then pass through a fine sieve to produce a smooth fruit puree.
- Sift icing sugar into a large bowl. Add puree until a thick icing is formed. (You can freeze any leftover puree in a Tupperware box or freezer bag).
- Add a drop or two of red/pink food colouring paste until desired colour is achieved.
- Place donuts onto a surface covered in aluminium/tin foil. Spoon icing over donuts and decorate with sprinkles. Allow the icing to set completely.
Keywords: donuts, unsalted butter, baked, sweets