- 1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- ¼ cup almond flour
- ½ cup cold Truly Grass Fed salted butter, diced
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 to 3 tablespoons cold water
- all-purpose flour to dust
- 1 egg
- 4 tbsp honey
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 4 ripe but firm pears
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- ¼ cup almonds, coarsely chopped
- Powdered sugar to dust
- For the crust, combine the flour, sugar, salt, and almond flour in a bowl. Add butter and rub with your fingertips until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Stir in egg yolk and add water little by little, kneading until the dough is smooth and pulls away from the sides of the bowl (add more water if it is too dry, or sprinkle with more flour if it is too sticky). Wrap in plastic film and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Dust a working surface with flour and roll out the dough into a circle of about 15” in diameter. Line bottom and sides of medium size quiche pan with removable bottom (11 to 12”, 1/3” in thickness).
- Refrigerate the crust for about 15 minutes while the oven heats to 350ºF/medium/180ºC.
- Meanwhile, for the filling, combine egg, honey, heavy cream, flour, and vanilla in a bowl and set aside.
- Peel pears, cut in half, core, and cut them into thick slices (1/4”). Sprinkle slices with lemon juice to prevent browning.
- Arrange pear slices into the crust in circles and pour prepared cream over them.
- Bake tart for about 45 minutes until crust and filling are deep golden brown.
- Remove tart from oven, place it on a wire rack and let it cool for 1 hour.
- Unmold on a serving plate and dust surface with powdered sugar.