FOR THE CUPCAKES
- 1/2 cup Truly Grass Fed Unsalted Butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 ts salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 large free-range eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 1/3 cup self-rising flour, sifted
- 1 teaspoon baking powder, sifted
FOR THE BUTTERCREAM:
- 1 cup Truly Grass Fed Unsalted Butter, softened
- 1 ¼ cup icing sugar, sifted
- 1/4 cup Eggnog
- Pinch ground cinnamon, plus extra for dusting
TO MAKE THE CUPCAKES:
- Preheat the oven to 325ºF
- Line two 12-hole cupcake trays with red paper liners
- In a food processor beat the butter and sugar for 5-6 minutes until light and fluffy.
- One-by-one, crack in the eggs, beating each well before adding the next and add the vanilla essence and eggs.
- Add the flour, salt and baking powder, then pulse until just combined or gently fold together by hand.
- Using two teaspoons, divide the mixture evenly between the paper cases.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until golden, cooked through and an inserted skewer comes out clean of cake mixture. Allow to cool completely on a wire rack.
TO MAKE THE BUTTERCREAM FILLING:
- Beat the butter for a couple of minutes until light and fluffy.
- Gradually sift in the icing sugar until smooth, loosening with a splash of milk, if required.
- Add into a piping bag fitted with a large star nozzle and pipe over the cooled cupcakes.
- Dust with a little ground cinnamon.
Keywords: unsalted butter, dessert, holiday