- 4 tbsp Truly Grass Fed ghee butter
- 4 salmon filets, about 6 oz each, skinned
- 1 orange, half juice and half unpeeled, thinly sliced and unseeded
- 1 tbsp molasses
- ½ cup pecans, roughly chopped
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1 ½ cup fresh breadcrumbs
- 4 tbsp parsley, chopped
- Salt and black pepper
- Heat the oven to 350ºF/medium/180ºC.
- Grease a medium-sized baking dish with 1 tbsp ghee. Add orange juice, molasses, salt, and black pepper and stir to combine. Place the salmon filets on top, then flip them to coat all sides with the marinade.
- Let the salmon marinate for 10 minutes while you prepare the crust.
- Heat the remaining ghee in a large skillet and stir in the pecans. Let them toast for 1 minute or until fragrant. Add garlic and, as soon as it releases aroma, mix breadcrumbs, salt, and pepper, stir until moistened, and add parsley. Adjust seasoning and turn off the heat.
- Spread all the breadcrumbs over the salmon filets and place orange slices on top.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, until the crust gets a nice golden brown and the salmon is fully cooked, but not dry.
- Remove from the oven and serve.