- 1 cup quick-cooking corn flour
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup chicken stock
- ½ cup Truly Grass Fed Salted Butter
- ½ pack Truly Grass Fed Natural Aged Cheddar Cheese (grated)
- 2 garlic cloves
- Salt and pepper
- In a medium pot, bring 1 cup water and 1 cup chicken stock to a boil. Slowly whisk in the quick-cooking polenta, 2 cloves garlic, butter and fresh grated Truly Grass Fed Natural Aged Cheddar Cheese. Season with salt and pepper and stir until the polenta is thick but creamy.
- Let the polenta sit for a few minutes while lining a deep baking pan with parchment paper. Spread polenta in a thick, even layer, then place in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 375 F.
- Cut the chilled polenta into thick blocks (1/4 in). Line the baking pan again with parchment paper, spray cooking oil, and spread the “fries” in line.
- Sprinkle grated cheddar on top of the “fries” and transfer to the oven.
- Bake for 25 mins total, flipping the fries on all sides, until crispy brown.
- Set aside and let cool for 5 minutes. Serve with your favorite aioli or as a side dish.
Keywords: aged cheddar, salted butter, appetizer, vegetarian, sides