These crispy chicken bites with creamy cheese sauce are so simple to prepare and so yummy that will become a favorite. Adults and kids love them for a quick lunch or dinner. You can season and bread chicken 8 hours in advance, keep them in the fridge and fry before serving.
- 4 chicken breast halves in medium, skinned, and in small strips (about 1 lb)
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 ½ cup fresh breadcrumbs
- ½ cup Truly Grass Fed natural aged cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 150 g de cream cheese
- ¼ cup milk
- 3 tbsp chives, finely chopped
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- Salt and black pepper
- Place chicken strips into a bowl, season with lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Cover and let it rest for 15 minutes at room temperature.
- Place the breadcrumbs, half of the cheese, half of the garlic, and pepper into a blender or food processor and pulse until combine. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- Crack the eggs into another bowl and lightly mix with a fork. Set aside.
- Put all four into a third bowl and set aside.
- To create a nice crunch exterior, dredge each strip in flour, dip it into the beaten eggs and finish by tossing in breadcrumbs.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan. Line a wire rack with a paper towel.
- Without crowding, fry chicken in batches until bites are crispy and golden brown on all sides. Let them dry over a paper towel.
- Meanwhile, for the sauce, place the cream cheese and milk in a small bowl and microwave for 30 seconds, just enough to soften. Stir in the remaining garlic and cheese and microwave for 30 seconds more, just enough to heat. Add chives and whisk to combine.
- Serve chicken bites with creamy sauce.