Crackers are always a good idea; they are delicious as a snack and also as an appetizer. They go well with butter, cheese, jams, and so on. The sea salt flakes are the perfect touch for this delicious recipe!
- 1 cup cornmeal
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 5 tbsp Truly Grass Fed salted butter, chilled and chopped
- ½ cup heavy cream
- Sea salt flakes to sprinkle
- Cornmeal to dust
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and set it aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix the cornmeal, flour, salt, and baking powder. Add the Truly Grass Fed salted butter, and using your fingertips, rub the mixture until they look like breadcrumbs. Stir in the heavy cream until the dough holds together and doesn’t stick to your hands.
- Wrap the dough in plastic film and take it to the fridge to chill for 15 minutes or up to 2 days.
- Dust a work surface with cornmeal and, using a rolling pin, roll into a rectangle with about 1/8” in thickness.
- Shape crackers using a medium-sized cracker-cutter, or a pizza cutter, or a sharp knife. Place crackers on the baking sheet, prick them with a fork, and sprinkle the sea salt flakes on top.
- Take them to the fridge for another 15 minutes. Meanwhile, heat the oven to 350ºF/medium/180ºC.
- Bake the crackers for about 15 minutes until they get crispy and golden brown.
- Remove cookies from the oven and let them cool for 2 minutes. Release them from the baking sheet using a spatula and place them on a wire rack. Let cookies cool completely and store them in an airtight container for up to 2 days.
- Prep Time: 1hr