- ¼ cup Truly Grass Fed Unsalted Butter
- 3 Red Onions, sliced
- 2 White Onions, sliced
- 1 Garlic Clove, sliced
- 1/3 cup Brandy
- 6 cups Beef Stock
- 2 tbsp. Fresh Thyme
- 1 Bay Leaf
- Salt and Pepper
- 2 Bread Slices, toasted
- 2 cups Truly Grass Fed Naturally Aged Cheddar Cheese
- Melt butter in a deep pot at medium heat and add red and white onions, and the garlic clove.
- Cook until wilted – around 10 minutes.
- Add the brandy, beef stock, bay leaf, thyme, salt, and pepper.
- Preheat oven to the broil setting (or 400ºF).
- Cook the soup for 15 minutes and serve in the oven safe casseroles or bowls.
- Top with the bread slices and cheddar cheese, place in the oven until cheese is melted. (You can serve with an additional splash of Brandy).
Keywords: soup, aged cheddar, unsalted butter