- 3 cups flour (white or whole wheat)
- ¼ cup nonfat milk
- 1 ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 3 tbsp granulated sugar
- 2 ½ tsp instant yeast
- 3 tbsp Truly Grass Fed Unsalted Butter, softened
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup raw or granulated sugar
- 2 ½ tsp cinnamon, divided
- 2 tsp flour
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 2 tbsp Truly Grass Fed Unsalted Butter, cold
- 2 tbsp sugar
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ cup flour
- Combine all the dough ingredients until it all sticks together and starts to come away from the bowl.
- Knead by hand for about 10 minutes until smooth.
- Place in a greased bowl and cover. Let rise in a warm place with no draft.
- Meanwhile, pulse together all the filling ingredients in a food processor or stand mixer until combined. Set aside.
- Lightly oil your work surface and transfer the dough to it.
- Gently roll the dough into a rectangle that is approximately 16″ x 8″.
- Brush the dough with about 1/2 of the egg wash, and scatter the cinnamon mixture evenly over the top.
- On the short end of the rectangle, begin rolling the dough up log-roll style. Keep it tight but don’t be so heavy handed that you stretch the dough. Making a tight roll eliminates air pockets in the swirl. Pinch the seams and ends closed. Tuck the ends under and move the log into a greased 8 1/2″ x 4 1/2″ standard loaf pan.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let rise at room temperature for about an hour, or until the dough has risen just above the edge of the bread pan.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Combine topping ingredients in a mixer until crumbly.
- Brush your dough with the remaining egg wash then sprinkle topping on top.
- Bake bread for 45 minutes keeping an eye on it as it bakes.
- If the top gets too brown you can cover with foil halfway through.
- Cut into slices and serve with softened butter!
Keywords: unsalted butter, bread