- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup Truly Grass Fed Ghee Clarified Butter, melted
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour (or sub gluten free all-purpose flour)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease or line a 9×5 loaf pan, set aside.
- In a small saucepan or in the microwave, melt the ghee. Once melted, immediately remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- In a large mixing bowl add the mashed banana, brown sugar, eggs, and vanilla. Whisk until well combined.
- Stirring continually, slowly pour in the melted ghee. Whisk until fully incorporated.
- Add the flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Using a spatula, gently fold together until no clumps of flour remain.
- Prep the cinnamon swirl by whisking together the brown sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl.
- Transfer half the batter into the loaf pan. Spread into an even layer. Sprinkle half the cinnamon sugar over the top, about 2 tbsp.
- Dollop the remaining batter in small scoops over the cinnamon swirl layer. Spread into an even layer. Scatter the remaining cinnamon sugar mix over the top. Using a skewer or toothpick gently swirl the top layer of batter and cinnamon sugar together.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Allow to cool for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a cooling rack. Slice and top with more ghee, if desired.
Store at room temperature in an airtight container for up to 5 days.